Yes, this is a Halloween themed wish list. I love Halloween, it means for a whole month I get to decorate my house with Halloween decorations (the Flowerspot in Woodmead Value Mart always sells amazing – and affordable – Halloween decor) and watch horror movies. The month of October also means watching Halloween-inspired makeup tutorials on Youtube – love watching them!
1. Sugar Skull & Daisies Earrings – I am obsessed with these earrings! So much so, that I ordered them off Etsy last week. They’re still on my wish list because I’m ‘wishing’ / hoping they’ll arrive in time for Halloween. Retails for around R 200,00 (including shipping) from Etsy here.
2. Star Wars Dog Hat – seriously, how cute does that dog look!? I just can’t… Jeze and Charlie both have little caps that I bought them 2 years ago for Christmas. Charlie just sits with the cap on his head and with that exact same expression on his face as the little dog in the picture. Jeze doesn’t take nonsense and shakes it off her head as soon as it’s on. So I might just get Charlie the one for next year… Retails for around R 300,00 (including shipping) from Etsy here.
3. Skull iPhone Case – this one is super cheap from eBay. I have more phone cases than 1 person should own, but I like to change it up every now and then. I don’t own a Halloween themed case and think it’s about time I got one. I am loving skulls at the moment, so this one is perfect. Retails for around R 17,00 (yes, that’s right R 17,00 and you get free shipping) on eBay here.
4. Halloween Cupcake Decorating Kit – perfect for Halloween cupcakes – it includes the cupcake cases (in 2 designs) and cupcake toppers (in 4 designs). I might try out a new cupcake recipe this year, maybe something with pumpkin or PSL flavour. Yum! Retails for around R 160,00 (including shipping) on eBay here.
5. China Glaze Halloween 2011 Collection – I love holiday collections, especially a Halloween themed collection. This one is the collection from 2 years ago, and included 2 creme polishes, 2 glitter polishes, 1 crackle polish (not my favourite type of polish) and the signature glow-in-the-dark polish they repromote every year. This specific ‘mini’ type collection contained a green glitter, the glow-in-the-dark polish, the crackle black polish and a fast drying top coat. Because it’s an old collection, it’s quite pricey on eBay. Retails for R 300,00 (including shipping) on eBay here.
6. Spike Headband – another very affordable item off eBay. I must admit, I cheated with this one because I’ve also already purchased it on eBay (just waiting for delivery). They come in an array of colours, but black is my favourite. Retails for around R 20,00 (plus free shipping) on eBay here.
7. Halloween Hair Ties – I don’t know what it is about these types of hair ties, but I just love them. They don’t pull the hair as tight and they don’t leave a crease in the hair. So you can wear your hair in a pony for the whole day, and then wear your hair down at night without having to run your straightener through it. I have a mother load of these (in pastel colours, black, grey and beige) but don’t own any Halloween colours. Retails for around R 150,00 for 6 (including shipping) from Etsy here.
8. Skull Soap – I honestly don’t know why us South Africans aren’t that big on Halloween like the Americans are, it’s such a fun time of the year. This skull soap would be awesome for the guest bathroom. You can choose between a black or white soap – black is pumpkin spice scented and white is orange clove scented. Retails for around R 200,00 (including shipping) from Etsy here.
9. Halloween Bunting – you guys know I love me some bunting! These a printable bunting flags, so you purchase the item on Etsy and the seller will send you the PDF document on email. You are then able to print as many flags as your heart desires. There are 3 different designs included in this listing. Retails for around R 50,00 from Etsy here.
I hope you guys are decorating your houses with Halloween decorations?
P.S. If Ghoulish Glow (the glow-in-the-dark polish) is what you’re after, China Glaze just recently released their Halloween 2013 collection. I’ll be doing a blog post on the new Halloween collections in a couple of days, so keep a lookout for that. Anyway, Ghoulish Glow has been repromoted again this year and you can purchase it separately on eBay for around R 90,00 (including shipping) here.