So here’s my second wish list blog post. You’re probably wondering whether I’ve bought / received any of the products that were listed on my first one. I bought the OPI Couture De Minnie mini nail polish collection (I’ll be doing a review on it soon) but that’s it. I recently found out that Korres will be stocked at Edgars stores a bit later this year so I decided to wait until then to get one of their lip butters. I haven’t ordered the Real Techniques Blush Brush yet as I realized just how many blush brushes I own last weekend when I gave them a bath. I’ve also decided to rather get the Dior Nudeskin BB Cream (after reading Bronwyn’s review), rather than the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. I’m still on the fence about the YSL lippie because it costs a pretty penny and I haven’t been able to find #15. I’ve added Mary-Lou Manizer to my Xmas list (I hope you’re reading this, Neal!) and I’m still lusting after the Burt’s Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Cream but Nicole was kind enough to inform me that the duties / taxes on Feelunique parcels are a bit steep so I won’t be ordering from there. I can’t find any other online store that ships this hand cream at an affordable rate – boo!
1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation – I have read so many positive reviews on this little foundation and now I HAVE to try it out. The only draw-back is I asked Bourjois where they currently stock their products (in which Clicks stores in Pretoria / Centurion) and they are only stocked at the Kollonade Shopping Mall, which is quite a drive for me. Style36 does not have my shade in stock either. I’ll just have to make another plan! Retails for around R 169,00.
2. Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Paint in Papaya – actually, to be honest, I would like more than just this one shade. Another product with rave reviews on Youtube, they’re affordable (around £4,00 / R 60,00 online) and long-lasting. I’m just not exactly sure where to purchase these from, as the shipping price on the actual BarryM website is ridiculously expensive (£20,00 for 3 nail polishes).
3. Sleek Blush By 3 in Sweet-Cheeks – this 3 pan blush palette contains a blush with a matte finish, a blush with a satin finish and a cream blush in various pink shades. I’ll be placing an order on the Sleek website soon, their shipping charges are super cheap and the last time I ordered, I didn’t pay any duties / taxes. Retails for R 130,00 ($ 12,49) on the Sleek Makeup website.
4. Bourjois Cream Blush in Nude Velvet – I think it’s safe to say I am obsessed with cream blushes. These ones from Bourjois were only released a couple of weeks ago in the UK so I think it will be a while before they reach South African shores. Nevertheless, I’m lusting after this specific shade because it’s actually not a nude shade, but rather a matte peachy coral (and you know how I love my peachy corals!).
5. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde – with fans like Charlize Theron, Heidi Klum and Elle Macpherson, who wouldn’t want to try this out? With its smudge-proof formula, impressive lasting power and containing Vitamins C and E, this brow powder is a clear winner. Also, not sure when I’ll be able to get my hands on one of these as the shipping fee on the Anastasia website is horrendous.
6. NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait – I love my NYX Butter Gloss lipglosses, I seriously can’t get enough of them! I only own 4 shades at the moment but will be placing an order on Cherry Culture soon. These are SO creamy on the lips and are insanely pigmented. Strawberry Parfait is a gorgeous bright pink shade, perfect for Summer! These currently retail for R 50,00 ($ 5) on Cherry Culture.
7. Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Peach On The Beach – want, want, want! I have been lusting after these for a couple of weeks now after reading this blog post. I hope these will be sold in SA, there is a seller on eBay who is willing to ship to South Africa, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed they arrive here soon. If not, I’ll purchase Peach On the Beach (pictured above) and Orange Punch on eBay.
8. Vintage Rose iPhone 4 Case – I saw this beautiful iPhone 4 case on Etsy a while ago and immediately fell in love with it. This is right up my alley, I love the vintage rose print in mint and pink shades. The bed in our guest bedroom is covered with a duvet that looks exactly like this phone case. Available on Etsy and retails for R 220,00 (including shipping). I need this in my life!
9. Evian Facial Spray – to be honest, I just want to see what this feels like when sprayed onto the skin. I don’t like drinking Evian water at all, I dislike the taste. But this aerosol spray intrigues me. This is what Evian says: “Its unique mineral balance and neutral pH makes it the perfect freshen-upper for all skin types, including baby’s delicate skin. The millions of tiny micro-droplets are instantly absorbed, moisturising hot thirsty skin, any time anywhere. Safe, natural nitrogen is used to propel the droplets.” I have no idea where I can purchase this, so this is one of the ‘out there’ wish list items.
10. Beauty Blender Solid Sponge Cleanser – not only is this the travel-friendly version of the original Beauty Blender liquid cleanser but from what I’ve seen in reviews, this one works better and faster at cleaning the Beauty Blender sponge too. I personally think this one is more user-friendly as well because you can just press your sponge (or even makeup brushes) onto it and swirl around creating a lather. These solid form cleansers are not available in South Africa as yet but is available on Cherry Culture (who ships worldwide) for R 160,00 ($ 15,95).
11. MoroccanOil Weightless Hydrating Mask – after reading Chicara’s review on this hair mask I knew I had to get it! I have fine, highlighted hair (which unfortunately means it’s dry and damaged) and I think this treatment mask will do wonders for it. You can read Chicara’s review here – guaranteed it will make you want to go out and purchase one of these tubs. Available at everythingHair (free postage on orders over R 800,00) or at selected hair salons for R 375,00.
P.S. Cherry Culture currently has a 20% discount code running for all items sold on their website. Coupon code: BCK20 (expires 20 August 2013).