We arrived home yesterday from a wonderful and well deserved holiday in Cape Town. Cape Town…what a gorgeous city you are! Every time Neal and I go there on holiday, we return with the hopes of one day living there. I’m sure we will move there at some stage, just not right now…
Ok, so I’m jumping on the ‘Wish List’ bandwagon. I’m a self confessed beauty junkie. No shame in admitting it, right? I’m always on the lookout for new products to try, new colours to experiment with, new routines to adopt… It’s pretty darn difficult to narrow down the list, but below you will find a list of products I’m either thinking about buying or things I wish I could buy but they might not be readily available to me (shipping issues or the ‘dollar-bills-with-wings-issue’). As with the ‘Friday Favourites’ posts, there won’t be a post on this every week (I haven’t posted ‘Friday Favourites’ for the past couple of weeks because to be honest, nothing has been a favourite of mine. AND the past few weeks have been 50 shades of CRAY for me as well, so there hasn’t been time (or interest for that matter) to do a favourite item of the week post.
Anyway, so below are items I’m currently secretly lusting after…
1. Couture de Minnie by Opi – mini collection featuring 2 red shimmers, 1 pink shimmer and a red Liquid Sand (textured polish, think glitter polish without a top coat, kind of like a mani with a sandpaper-ish finish). I want, I want, I want! And I think I’m going to get this on eBay riiiiiight now! $ 18,45 (including shipping) on eBay.
2. Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm – this highlighting powder has been all over Youtube because it is just so incredibly pigmented. $ 24,75 on Feelunique.com
3. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in #15 Corail Intuitive – what can I say, I love my coral lippies. These lipsticks are apparently super moisturising and the fact that the packaging looks like a 2 million dollar mansion doesn’t hurt either. This will be my first YSL lipstick and I can’t wait! $ 39,60 on Feelunique.com You can purchase a variety of these lippies at Edgars as well, they retail for R 375.00 BUT I have yet to find #15.
4. Burt’s Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Cream – for the cold Winter months that lie ahead. I love banana scents (for example The Body Shop’s Banana shampoo), funny that…because I hate the smell of real bananas. Anyway, $ 14,03 on Feelunique.com
5. Real Techniques Blush Brush – I haven’t tried these brushes out yet but I have asked my sister-in-law to arrange for her mom-in-law to bring some of the brushes back when she goes to the UK on holiday, for me (I asked her to get me the ‘Core Collection Kit’, the ‘Setting Brush’ and the ‘Powder Brush’), which I’ll probably receive by end June / July. I can’t wait to try these, reviews online have been nothing but positive. So even though I haven’t actually tried these brushes, I’m already set to get the blush brush as well. $ 16,48 on Feelunique.com
6. Korres Lip Butter in Quince – also read rave reviews on these babies. In addition to the Quince flavour, there are also other flavours such as Jasmine, Wild Rose, Pomegranate & Guava. The only thing that freaks me out a bit about these are that they come in pot form, not tube. I really don’t like sticking my finger into a little pot like this, it’s unhygienic. $ 13,20 on Feelunique.com
7. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – sometimes it’s nice to wear something light on the skin. This product will moisturise, prime, perfect (light coverage), protect (SPF35) and control oil. R 390,00 at Woolworths.
Feelunique.com and BeautyBay are great websites for those of us who don’t have access to a Sephora or Ulta where most of the brands such as NARS, theBalm, Makeup Forever, Tarte Cosmetics, Benefit Cosmetics and Urban Decay are sold. These 2 websites also offer FREE international shipping.