You guys are probably wondering why I didn’t do a blog post as soon as I found out about the new MAC South Africa online store. I’m STILL wondering why I didn’t – considering I’m one MAC product away from becoming a card carrying member of Hoarders Anonymous. I think it’s because everyone was doing blog posts on the new online store and so I thought I’d rather create a blog post a bit later down the line for my SA Shopping series, which will also double up as a type of Wish List blog post.
So here are the details – MAC South Africa launched their online store about a month ago. It works exactly like any online store: You add your products to your basket, create an online profile that contains your delivery address, you check out your online basket using your credit card and all your MAC goodies are delivered to your doorstep.
MAC is offering free standing shipping (to South African addresses) as part of a special launch offer. Normal shipping charges will start at R 55,00 once this free shipping offer has expired.
One thing I like about the online store is that you are able to return a product should you not be happy with it. You do, however, need to get approval from the MAC customer service department first (you can just give them a call, the number is listed on the website).
Ok so on with the items I’m currently lusting after…
1. MAC Blush in Whole Lotta Love – this is a Pro Longwear blush which means it wears longer than your normal type blush (MAC promises 8 hours of wear-time). Whole Lotta Love is a shade I wouldn’t normally go for – it’s a bright medium pink with a subtle sheen. I don’t own many vibrant blushes, so I thought this was quite special. Retails for R 220,00 in the online store.
2. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep – yes, I did say Medium Deep. And no, I have not lost my marbles. The reason why I want to get an MSF Natural in a darker shade is because I want to use it as a contour powder. One should always use a contour powder that is 2 – 3 shades darker than your skintone, and Medium Deep is perfect because it is 2 shades darker than my MSF Medium (I use this to set my foundation). Retails for R 320,00 in the online store.
3. MAC Paint Pot in Stormy Pink – I have been searching high and low for this little pot ever since I watched a ShadesOfKassie video on Youtube. The MAC stores in Centurion Mall and Menlyn are currently out of stock AND when I went back to the online store to go check the price on the Paint Pot, I noticed it’s out of stock there too. Boo! Stormy Pink is a Pro Longwear Paint Pot which means it will make your eyeshadow last longer. A Paint Pot can be used as a cream eyeshadow or as a base for powders or glitters to help the shadow last longer. When you use an eyeshadow base, the chances of your shadows creasing are also a lot less. Anyway, Stormy Pink is a beautiful muted greyish purple shade (I’ve checked out the swatches online and it’s gorgeous!). Retails for R 200,00 in the online store.
4. MAC Fluidline in Dip Down – I’ve been using a brown liquid eyeliner more often recently (I think brown looks better than black for those casual makeup days) and I need something to tightline with. It is SO important to tightline when you wear eyeliner, girls, because it just pulls your whole look together. So I need a brown gel liner to do that, and Dip Down is a matte dark brown shade. I do own MAC’s Fluidline in Blacktrack, so I’m familiar with the texture and staying power. What I adore about these gel liners, is that they don’t dry out. Never, as in EVER! I have been sucked into buying cheaper gel liners on way too many occasions and within a couple of months, they dry out (as in rock hard!). Retails for R 180,00 in the online store.
5. MAC Fast Response Eye Cream – I received a little sample of this a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed using it. I have combo skin but my eye area is quite dry, so I need something that really moisturises well. This little tube does a great job of moisturising (it’s silicone-based) and depuffing (it contains caffeine) whilst creating an even canvas for your undereye concealer. Retails for R 320,00 in the online store.
6. MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel – I like the idea of this moisturiser being a gel because it’s lightweight and suitable for combo / oily skin. I haven’t tried this yet (I haven’t even swatched it) but online reviews are very positive. It moisturises dry areas on the face without over-hydrating oily areas i.e. T-zone. It has been supercharged with their 77 Mineral Complex – I’m not exactly sure what that means but I like the idea of having 77 minerals on my face! Retails for R 400,00 in the online store.
7. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer – so basically every beauty guru that I watch on Youtube uses this concealer. It’s a concealer that can be used to cover blemishes / imperfections and undereye circles plus it doubles up as an eyeshadow primer too! It’s super long-wearing (although I’m pretty sure you got that from the name) but I’ve also read it is quite a dry concealer (meaning it could accentuate any dry areas you might have). As mentioned before, I have quite a dry under eye area so I’m a bit worried. But I still want to give it a go, so I might ask for a sample next time I’m at my local MAC counter. Retails for R 210,00 in the online store.
8. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Full Speed – this is a vibrant watermelon coral pink shade in their Sheen Supreme finish which means it’s moisturising on the lips plus gives a beautiful shine. Almost like a lipstick and gloss all rolled into one! I really love the Sheen Supreme lipsticks, they’re probably my favourite ones by MAC (with Cremesheen lipsticks being a close second). Retails for R 190,00 in the online store.
9. MAC Lustre Lipstick in Lovelorn – this is a sheer cool-toned glossy pink lipstick and because it’s a Lustre formula, your lips will stay hydrated. It definitely leans more towards a lip balm than an opaque lipstick and that’s exactly what I’m looking for in a shade like this. I find lipsticks that are cool-toned and very opaque do not work well with my skintone – but if it’s a sheer wash of colour on the lips, I can manage it. Retails for R 185,00 in the online store.
So there you have it! These items are totally lust-worthy, don’t you agree?
Oh! And before I forget: There are currently 3 (yes, THREE) collections available in the online store: Divine Night, Stroke Of Midnight and Nocturnals. So hurry over to the MAC South Africa online store to go check it out!