Whoah! A blog post that is not beauty-related!? It’s the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! Run for your lives!
Ok guys, so sometimes I feel a bit guilty for showing beauty products that you aren’t able to buy in South Africa. So I’m starting a new series called SA Shopping, all products featured in this series will be available for purchase in South Africa – promise! I thought I would change it up a bit with this post and show you what type of cute décor items there are out there to purchase either online or in-store in South Africa.
I know this is a beauty blog, and most of the posts will be beauty related, but I want to include other ‘pretty things’ on my blog as well. These décor items are things I would most likely buy and decorate my house with. I’ll be doing a blog post on ‘SA Shopping – Clothing’, ‘SA Shopping – Kitchen’ and ‘SA Shopping – Beauty’ too. Maybe I’ll even split the beauty one into 4 for skincare, makeup, hair care and nail care. Also, in addition to this blog post, I’ll also do like an ‘Online Shopping 101’ blog post (I’ve had a few ladies request something like this) that will explain where I buy some beauty items from (i.e. eBay, Cherry Culture etc), that will include information on shipping charges and duration etc.
Ugh, feels like I just wrote a whole lot of words up there to say something fairly simple!
1. Vintage Metal Bird Cage – I love bird cages, even birds. My house is filled with birds, bird cages and bunnies in all different shapes and sizes. The décor items in my house are a mixture of pastels and bright colours, sounds quite contrasting but I think it works! I love any shade of turquoise – my whole house is filled with little tidbits in shades of turquoise, especially my kitchen. And that’s why you see a fair amount of items in this shade in the picture above. Available at Woolworths for R 199,00 (online or in-store).
2. Storage Box Set – what can I say, I love these colours. I think they would be perfect stacked just as they are – you can keep little trinkets or photos in the boxes and the smallest box on top even contains a removable tray featuring little compartments. Available on Spree for R 220,00 (online).
3. Faux Grass Bunny – as mentioned in point number 1, I have bunnies all over my house. I counted the other day and currently there are over 17 bunnies living in our house (not real ones though). They are just so cute and friendly – I didn’t always think bunnies were friendly though because I rescued a bunny about 2 years ago and he turned out to be quite agro towards humans. I named him Dexter (fitting name) and after a while of me trying to domesticate the poor animal, both of us decided it would probably be better if I took him to go live with other bunnies at my brother-in-law’s tea garden. Dexter is living the high-life now and has fathered over 20 babies! Anyway, this little cutie is available at @Home for R 29,00 (in-store).
4. Heart-shaped Wood Candle Holder – perfect for our home, I love decorating the house with cute and girly items. Fortunately Neal doesn’t mind and leaves most of the ‘decorating’ to me. Candles are everywhere in our house, they create such a warm atmosphere and these will be the perfect addition. Available in small, medium and large sizes on 5Rooms with prices starting at R 119,00 (online).
5. Knit Patterned Mini Vase – these are super cute and only 8cm tall. Perfect for a small bunch of flowers / roses cut from the garden or even as a pencil holder for your desk. Available on Yuppiechef for R 99,00 (online).
6. Wooden Love Africa Word – I love this! I have 2 wooden words resting on top of the cabinets in the kitchen – the one is ‘EAT’ (pastel purple) and the other one is ‘cook’ (turquoise). I’ll definitely be getting one of these soon (and will probably repaint it pastel pink or green). Available on Hello Pretty for R 80,00 (online).
7. Dome Garden – now I know ‘fake’ flowers / plants are a touchy subject but I just couldn’t resist mentioning this when I saw it online. It features both a bird and a cloche (2 things I love) and if you reaaaally wanted to, you could replace the plastic plant with a real one. Available at @Home for R 159,00 (in-store).
8. Bambi Bowl – do I really need to explain why this is a must-have in any home?! I am placing an order for one of these as soon as I am done writing this blog post! Available on Spree for R 115,00 (online).
9. Village Candle in Summer Slices – with summer just around the corner, I am in desperate need of some light, fruity-scented candles. This scented candle looks like it will be right up my alley! If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen a picture I posted a couple of weeks ago when I went completely bonkers and bought like 6 Village Candle candles in one go. When you smell them, you will know why… Their scents are more intense than Yankee Candle ones, plus they have 2 wicks (for even burning) PLUS you get a free little car freshener (in the same scent as your candle) with every candle you buy. Available at GardenShop Menlo Park for R 165,00 (in-store). I’m sure there are other shops who stock these candles, ladies, but the GardenShop is the first and only store I have seen them stocked thus far.
10. Antique Blue Pharmacist Glass Bottle – such an interesting décor item, the colour will obviously go well in our house plus the look of it reminds me of the beach for some reason. Must get! Available on That Little Shop for R 80,00 (online).
11. Driftwood Photo Frame – and while we’re on the subject of the beach… How beautiful is this photo frame made of driftwood? Love the texture of it! Available at Mr Price Home for R 69,99 (in-store).
There are so many beautiful things available in South Africa! Let me know which ones are your favourites. Next post in this series will be featuring skincare products, I think…