Even though I did an ‘SA Shopping’ blog post just last week, I thought it was I time I featured a blog post on some of my favourite body products (which incidentally is also available for purchase in South Africa). However, 2 of the products are currently on my wish list as I haven’t had the pleasure of trying them just yet. If you would like to check out my previous blog posts in this ‘SA Shopping’ series, then click here & here & here.
You guys know I have expert hoarding skills, so it’s quite obvious that these cannot be the only products I’ve tried & am loving. You are quite right in thinking that – there is a long list of other bath & body products that I absolutely adore (i.e. the Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser) but I chose these because they deserve a special mention.
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
1. Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub – Oh Ehm Gee! I cannot get enough of this body scrub, I seriously want to cover my whole body with this stuff and then lick it off. Perhaps that’s too much information but if you’ve ever sniffed this scrub, you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s smells like a delicious cookie dough, and I do LOVE me some cookie dough! The scrub does a very good job of removing dead skin cells whilst moisturising the skin without leaving it greasy. Plus you are left smelling like a giant home-baked-straight-out-the-oven-cookie! This body scrub will be featured in its own review blog post at some stage because I love it so much. Retails for R 199,95 on the Rubybox online store (plus they have a promotion running at the moment where you get free shipping on any order).
2. LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter – this stuff beats any cuticle cream and cuticle oil I’ve ever used. It’s a thick, lemony-scented cuticle butter that will banish dry cuticles within a couple of days of using it. I personally don’t like dry cuticles, you can have the best manicure in town but when you have dry cuticles, it ruins the whole manicure. Keep a lookout for a review on this cuticle butter soon. Retails for R 95,00 at LUSH V&A Waterfront or LUSH Cavendish Square.
3. Sorbet Bust & Neck Firming Cream – I know a lot of you guys are quite sceptical when it comes to bust firming creams. But with gravity knocking at my door, I would like to start early as a means of precaution. As a wise man once said: “Prevention is better than cure.” I also need this because I tend to sleep on my side and in the morning when I wake up, I have a horrible décolletage wrinkle. I love the scent of this because it smells both fruity and floral. It’s a light moisturising cream which means it is absorbed into the skin almost instantly (none of that continuous rubbing when using a body butter). This cream contains Q10, Caffeine and Pueraria Mirifica extract (a herbal plant found in predominantly Thailand which aids in the smoothing of skin). As for the results? This is my first tube, so I can’t give you 100% accurate feedback just yet but I have noticed my neck looks more plump and my décolletage wrinkle disappears quicker than normal in the morning. Retails for R 129,95 at Clicks stores.
4. The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter – wear this body butter and you’re guaranteed to get quite a few compliments. I have received so many compliments and ladies asking me what perfume I’m wearing whenever I wear this. If you would like to read my short review on this body butter, then click here. I hope the Honeymania range will be around for many, many years to come. Retails for R 140,00 at The Body Shop stores.
5. Blendbox Foot Balm – I haven’t tried this foot balm from Blendbox yet but if their foot scrub is anything to go by, then the foot balm is amazing. The Blendbox foot scrub smells minty and fresh, perfect for a pedicure. I imagine the foot balm would have the same scent? Anyway, this is definitely on my to-get list. Retails for R 65,00 from Blendbox.
6. The Beauty Factory Tissue Oil Lotion – I received this from Chicara and I’m really loving it as a hand lotion at night just before I go to bed. I really like this body lotion because it doesn’t leave the skin shiny / oily at all. Seriously, when you apply this lotion it almost mattifies the skin but still nourishes it very well. I also love that the scent of this isn’t too overpowering, it has a very pleasant, gender-neutral scent. Retails for R 84,90 at any Beauty Factory store or online.
7. Balm Balm Bath & Body Oil in Rose Geranium – I’ve mentioned this luxurious body oil before here and here. For a full review on the rose-scented body oil, click here. I used this product non-stop during the cold Winter months and find it light enough to also use in the warmer months since it is a type of dry oil (this means it doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy, it is absorbed into the skin within seconds). My poor bottle has seen better days and there’s probably only 1 full use left – booooo! Retails for R 310,00 (well worth the money) from Luhla online store and Rubybox online store.
8. I Love… Strawberries & Milkshake Bubble Bath & Shower Gel – there’s only 1 word to describe this bubble bath: YUMMY! It really smells like a strawberry milkshake, so creamy and fruity at the same time. I haven’t tried this one out but I did get it for Irina for her Delish Box. I’m actually quite disappointed I didn’t get one of these for myself too. I just need to use up a few of my current bubble baths first. I’m trying to be good by only buying a new product after I’ve used one up (hopefully that will help with the hoarding problems). Retails for R 69,95 at Red Square or Edgars.
I hope you guys are enjoying these ‘SA Shopping’ blog posts? I know a lot of people cannot order from international online stores, so I hope these types of posts are helping you see what’s out there in South Africa.