This is the third and last instalment of my ‘Christmas Gift Guide’ blog posts. If you would like to see the 2013 version of the gift guide for moms, sisters, girlfriends, aunts, grannies etc., then click here. Last year I also did a blog post on gift ideas for the fur babies in your life, called ‘Gift Guid For Pooches’ – most of the items mentioned in the blog post are still available, so click here to check that out.
I also have a ‘Christmas Wish List’ coming up, for all the family members & friends who have asked me to send them a Christmas list. I thought it would be nice to show you guys what I’m hoping Santa will deliver come Christmas Eve, so you can look forward to seeing that a bit later this week.
1. Babyliss Curl Secret ♥ R 1199,00 – What an amazing hair tool! If you are not sure how the Babyliss Curl Secret works, then click here to take a look at my review & demo video. I also loaded a blog post to accompany the video, where I wrote down a couple of extra pros with regards to the Curl Secret. This hair curler is available at Clicks (the R 1199,00 price is the promotional price, normal price is R 1599,00).
2. DKNY Be Delicious Mini 4 Piece Gift Set ♥ R 395,00 – These DKNY fragrances smell fresh, bright and energetic – all contain various intensities of apple and floral notes, except MYNY which features a raspberry top note. The set contains a mini DKNY Be Delicious, a mini DKNY Fresh Blossom, a mini DKNY Golden Delicious and a mini version of new DKNY MYNY. Available at Red Square and Edgars stores.
3. Rhino Necklace ♥ R 500,00 – Is she passionate the ‘Save The Rhino’ cause? I saw these necklaces whilst on holiday in Hermanus and instantly fell in love, they are available in sterling silver, rose gold and yellow gold. Available online at The Jeweller’s Florist, as well as a couple of stores in and around Cape Town (click here to view stockists).
4. Flamingo Backpack ♥ R 399,99 – I love these backpacks from Typo, I own a navy blue one with a fox print and this flamingo one. I know they’re not for everyone, but I find them to be super useful (and way more comfortable than a handbag). An added bonus of using a cute backpack is you don’t have to carry all your shopping bags in your hands, just pop then in the bag & carry it on your back! Available at Typo.
5. Safeway Gym Blender ♥ R 299,00 – Absolutely love the idea of this blender, it’s perfect for anyone who is constantly on the go! Simply fill up the bottle with your smoothie ingredients, screw on the lid, turn it upside down and clip into the blender base. Then blend together, unscrew the bottle from the base and exchange the blade lid for a drinking top. No need for a separate glass to drink your smoothie from and you can take it with you to the gym or to work. Available at Clicks stores.
6. FOREO LUNA Mini ♥ R 1900,00 each – If you read my ‘November 2014 Favourites’ blog post, then you will know I am in love with my FOREO LUNA (the original). But if you don’t have R 2700,00 to spend on a skin care tool, then opt for the mini version. Read more about the FOREO skin care tools here. Available in the FOREO online store (free shipping & delivery is via courier, that means to postal strike frustrations – 1 week max) and Zando.
7. Zana Lemon Cushion ♥ R 270,00 each – If she’s into bright and cheerful décor items for her home, then she will love this lemon print scatter cushion. You can also buy the cushion with an inner for an added R 30,00. Available online at Zana (under the Speciality Cushions section).
8. Daniel Wellington Classic Glasgow Watch ♥ R 2020,00 – I own the Classic Winchester Lady watch, and I absolutely adore mine. As mentioned in this blog post, these Daniel Wellington watches are great quality, super stylish and perfect for someone who loves a simplistic look in terms of accessories. There are 26 amazing styles to choose from, plus I have a special DISCOUNT code for you! Use holidaypeonies to receive 15% off your order, plus shipping is FREE. Also, they send the parcels via UPS so delivery will not be affected by the postal strike (but import duties and taxes will be payable). I received my parcel within 3 days, super quick delivery! Available online at Daniel Wellington.
Just a note on these Daniel Wellington watches – when Daniel Wellington sent me my watch, I didn’t pay any duties or taxes when UPS delivered it. I just heard from one of my blog readers that duties & taxes was charged to her, once the parcel arrived in SA. I honestly feel terrible about this… So, if you don’t want to take the chance of paying import duties / taxes, then you can also purchase these DW watches on Kalahari.com for R 1899,00.
9. Ciate Dolls House Nail Polish Set ♥ R 399,00 – This nail polish set features 5 beautiful Summer shades. I am SO happy Ciate polishes are now available at selected Clicks stores.
10. LUSH Rudolph Gift Set ♥ R 395,00 – I just had to feature an item from LUSH in these Gift Guide blog posts and I couldn’t resist this Rudolph Gift Set! The set contains 4 festive bath and shower goodies, packaged in a gorgeous Rudolph fabric knot-wrap made from recycled plastic bottles (interesting, right?). This gift set features a Yog Nog Soap, a Snowman Shower Jelly, a Golden Wonder Bath Bomb and a Dashing Santa Bath Bomb. Have you entered my LUSH HAmper Giveaway? If not, click here. Available in the LUSH online store, as well as in-store (Cavendish, V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk and Gateway).
11. Zoku Ice Cream Maker ♥ R 349,00 – Does she have a sweet tooth? If she can’t say ‘no’ to ice cream, then this is the gift for her. Why not give her a gift that keeps on giving…homemade ice cream, that is… The Zoku Ice Cream Maker basically works the same as the Zoku Slush & Shake Maker, just pop the inner bowl into the freezer overnight, return the frozen inner bowl back into the outer sleeve and pour your chilled ice cream mixture into the frozen bowl. Stir frequently using the spoon provided until the mixture starts to thicken, add your favourite toppings, et voilà! Available online at Yuppiechef, as well as in-store at Boardmans and @Home.
12. ghd Rose Gold V Styler Set ♥ R 1915,00 – Every girl wants to own a ghd, right? And every girl loves rose gold, right? Combine the two, and what do you get? The perfect Christmas gift, of course! The set includes the styler, a pair of matching sectioning clips and a heat resistant roll bag (perfect for travelling). Available online at Everything Hair (you can earn Beauty Bucks with Everything Hair & redeem them for discounts on the site) and Retail Box (R 1919,20).