Here are my top picks to help you choose the perfect gift for the man (or men) in your life. I tried to keep it as general as possible, since there are so many men with different interests out there (golfers, mountain bikers, braaiers, DIY-ers, techies, etc) so I didn’t choose gifts that are too specific. If your man (or dad, or brother, or friend) has a very specific interest, then I suggest you ask him to write a list for Santa. That’s what I did with Neal, he’s an avid mountain biker and if I had to buy him something for his mountain bike, it would probably be bike soap or chain cleaner. That’s how much I know about mountain bikes… Ok, not true…I do know what I ‘Lefty’ and a ’29er’ is but that’s about it. Anyway, I asked him to make a Christmas wish list because noone wants to have that ‘thank-you-for-the-gift-but-it-kinda-sucks’ awkward moment on Christmas morning.
To check out the 2013 version of my ‘ Christmas Gift Guide – For Him’ blog post, click here. A lot of the products mentioned in that blog post are still available, so make sure you check it out for some extra inspiration. I just noticed I also mentioned the NIVEA Men gift set in that blog post (whoopsie!) but there are a number of other gift sets available at Dis-Chem and Clicks too.
1. NIVEA Men Gift Set ♥ R 169,00 – Neal loves these NIVEA Men gift sets, I pop one into his ‘Xmas pillow case’ (imagine a Christmas stocking, just much bigger) for Christmas morning each year and he’s always happy to receive it since NIVEA is his favourite skin care brand. This set is suitable for oily skin and contains an Oil Control Multi Effect Face Wash, a Maximum Hydration Body Lotion & a NIVEA Men Oil Control Moisturiser packaged in a toiletry bag. Available at Clicks stores.
2. Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce ♥ R 60,00 – Add a dash of Southern flavour to your favourite food. These barbeque sauces are specially designed to marinade, slather, and baste all over your favourite meat and veggies. Sounds delicious, right? Available online at Yuppiechef.
3. Cotton PJ Set ♥ R 375,00 – Always a winner in our home – these pyjama sets are super comfy and perfect for Summer. Available at Woolworths stores, as well as online here.
4. TMan Wood Earphones ♥ R 99,00 – I love the sleek, classy look of these wood earphones…plus they’re affordable too! Available at Truworths stores.
5. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 ♥ R 899,00 – This is a basic point & shoot camera that takes instant photos and develops them like an old-school Polaroid camera, so cool! Polaroid refills are also available. Available at Superbalist, Orms Direct, Takealot (on sale for R 745,00), Foto First and Camera World.
6. Hello There Handsome Cushion ♥ R 220,00 each – Cute, right? These single cushions are available in black or gold writing, plus you can choose between ordering the cushion with an inner too (R 250,00 instead of R 220,00). Available online at Zana.
7. Daniel Wellington Classic St Andrews Watch ♥ R 2630,00 – I own the Classic Winchester Lady watch (in rose gold) from Daniel Wellington and I am in LOVE. These are amazing quality watches, their designs are simple, minimalistic & slightly preppy and with 16 styles available, you are sure to find the perfect one for the man in your life. Good news, everyone! I have a special DISCOUNT code for you, use holidaypeonies to receive 15% off your order, plus shipping is FREE. Also, Daniel Wellington sends the parcels via UPS so the delivery will not be affected by the postal strike (import duties / taxes are payable upon delivery). I received my parcel within 3 days (yep, three days) – I was very impressed! Available online at Daniel Wellington.
Just a note on these Daniel Wellington watches – when Daniel Wellington sent me my watch, I didn’t pay any duties or taxes when UPS delivered it. I just heard from one of my blog readers that duties & taxes was charged to her, once the parcel arrived in SA. I honestly feel terrible about this… So, if you don’t want to take the chance of paying import duties / taxes, then you can also purchase these DW watches on Kalahari.com for R 2399,00.
8. Schwarzkopf [3D] MEN Hair & Body Shampoo ♥ R 160,00 – Read about this deliciously minty hair & body shampoo here. I don’t know about you, but in our home we like to give useful gifts (in addition to the totally fun & random gifts) too and this hair & body shampoo is the perfect 2-for-1 gift. It’s currently on sale in the Retail Box online store for R 128,00!
9. Lacoste L!VE Male Eau De Toilette ♥ R 515,00 – Smells. So. Good. Next time you’re at the shops, pop in to a Red Square, Edgars, Stuttafords (not sure if Truworths / Foschini stocks this) store and sniff the bottle. What it lacks in design, it more than makes up for in fragrance… It combines the freshness of lime (top note) and a blend of green leaves and sea notes in the heart, with a base of liquorice and Guaiac wood. *swoon*