As promised I’ve been working like a busy little Christmas Elf to get these gift guide blog posts up for your during the next few days. ‘Christmas Gift Guide 2015 – For Him’ features some Christmas prezzies for your significant other / dad / brother / gramps or friend. I’m going to try get another gift guide up later this afternoon, it will be my ‘Christmas Gift Guide 2015 – For Her | Under R200’ blog post. I’ll have to get it up before 17h00 because I’ve been reprimanded – I’m told I work too late at night on blog-related things. *rolls eyes* So, I’m on a strict ‘no-work-no-blog’ schedule from now on… *rolls eyes even harder*
I’m rolling my eyes, but I know Neal only has my best interests at heart. And he’s right, I do work very long hours most days, and weekends are not really my own anymore. There’s always stuff to do for the blog – research, photos, social media, content, prepping, editing, filming, uploading, emailing, commenting, and the list goes on. If you’re a blogger, you know what I’m talking about. I basically sleep, eat and drink Pink Peonies blog. I’m not complaining at all – I’ve had so many amazing opportunities come my way because of my readers and social media followers (gosh, I really dislike that word). But it’s always good to take a step back every now & again, and take a good look at where you are and where you want to be. It’s the end of the year, and I feel a ‘blogger burnout’ coming on, but I think everyone feels tired and just plain ‘meh’ this time of the year.
Before we take a look at the products, pricing and stockists of the items in the above collage, let me ask you this: Did you take a squiz at my ‘Christmas Gift Guide – For Her | Over R200’ blog post I uploaded yesterday? If not, click here – it’s a good one!
I hope you enjoy this blog post, it’s always nice to see some fresh, new gifting ideas from someone else’s perspective. Let’s take a look:
1. Large Leather Buckle Backpack ♥ R 999,00 – So handsome! You can buy this beaut online at Spree.
2. The League Of Beer Monthly Mixed Craft Beer ♥ R 249,00 – Here’s what Yuppiechef says about this brilliant concept: “Each month we choose a theme, and curate a collection of 6 different beers to fit the theme. We search high and low to bring you the best of the best, and the newest of the new, and we’ll sometimes throw in a great old favourite, just for good measure. We even try to guide you through the process of beer tasting, to make the whole experience even better.” You can choose to opt for a once-off case containing 6 / 12 / 24 beers; or a repeat delivery each month where you save 10%. The pricing is as follows: R 249,00 for a case of 6 beers; R 399,00 for a case of 12 beers; and R 699,00 for a case of 24 beers.
3. Aviator Sunglasses ♥ R 129,00 – If you read my gift guide blog post yesterday, then you’ll know I have a slight obsession with H&M. I visited their V&A Waterfront store last weekend and was blown away by their huge selection of sunglasses. They have so many different designs – but best of all, they have 4 or 5 different aviator style sunglasses. You can also purchase H&M sunnies at the Sandton City store.
4. Bamboo Eco-friendly Notepad with Pen ♥ R 80,00 – What better way to start the new year off with a new notepad for making lists, doodling or just making notes. This one is trendy and eco-friendly with a real bamboo hard cover, 70 lined pages made of unbleached recycled paper and includes a bamboo pen. Get yours online at That Little Shop.
5. Jaybird BlueBuds X Bluetooth Earphones ♥ R 2192,00 – If he’s into listening to music at the gym or while working on his car / bike in the workshop (aka ‘The Man Cave’ in our house), then this is the perfect gift! These bluetooth earbuds connect wirelessly to your smart phone, and deliver wireless music and calls coupled with superior audio performance. You also get 8-hour battery play time, patented secure sport fit, sweat proof (lifetime warranty against sweat), and the new ‘X-Fit’ which lets you lift the cord off your neck for the perfect active headphones. BlueBuds X is compatible with any Bluetooth stereo device including the new iPod Nano; iPhone (3, 3S, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus); iPod Touch, iPad, iPad mini; Android, Windows, Blackberry Phones; Moto Actv wrist-worn sports MP3 player and GPS device; PC, Mac and gaming devices. Neal owns a pair of these and he’s obsessed – he uses them for everything (perhaps mainly to block out the sound of my voice haha!). I just have a normal pair of earphones that came with my iPhone & iPod and I always have issues with the cable getting in the way or hooking onto something, so I’m seriously considering getting a pair of these for myself. You can purchase Jaybird BlueBuds X earphones at selected audio technology stores, or online at Takealot.com.
6. Power Bank Card ♥ R 220,00 – Everyone needs one of these. If you own a mobile phone, then you’ll know how frustrating it is when you are on your way somewhere and your phone battery is on 10%. This portable battery charger will ensure your phone never runs out of battery power. I own 2 small power banks and keep 1 in the car, and 1 in my handbag – if you remember to charge them, they’re lifesavers! You can buy this one at Woolworths.
7. Créme Caramels ♥ R 99,95 – I don’t need to explain why créme caramel sweeties are a good idea for a Christmas gift, do I? Buy this cool vintage style tin filled with créme caramels at Woolworths.
8. Skull Bath Towel ♥ R 229,00 – Everyone needs a bath towel, right? Especially guys who tend to use their bath towels until it’s washed out and as thin as a sheet of paper. Why not get him a hardcore bath towel with a skull print? This one is from H&M, unfortunately only the V&A Waterfront store currently stocks home décor items.
9. Fossil Grant Watch ♥ R 2499,00 – I personally love the look of this watch, it’s not too sporty and not too blingy. It’s just right. I’m a huge fan of Fossil watches, they’re top quality and their designs are always trendy without being over-the-top. I saw this one online at Spree, but I’m sure it’s also available at Fossil stores and selected jewellery stores nationwide.
10. Napa Jack’s Sweet Smoky Bar-B-Q Sauce ♥ R 89,95 – If he’s a braai master, he’ll love this all natural (and gluten free) marinade. The ideal blend of sweet brown sugar with the right amount of natural smoke make this Sweet & Smoky BBQ sauce perfect for everyday braaing / grilling. You can use this as a pre-cooking marinade or brush-on while grilling or roasting burgers, chicken, ribs and beef. Yum! Available at Woolworths stores or in the Woolworths online store.
11. Vaseline For Men Gift Set ♥ R 129,95 – I always like to include one of these affordable toiletry gift sets in these Christmas gift guide blog posts. This one contains a full size Vaseline MEN body lotion, full size Radox MAN Xhilarate body wash, Vaseline MEN Body & Face Bar, shower puff and toiletry bag. Buy it at Makro or Clicks (not sure if Dis-Chem stocks this gift set).
12. YSL Kouros Silver Eau de Toilette ♥ R 820,00 – So basically this fragrance is a favourite of both Neal and I (both of us wear it). I’ve already mentioned quite a few times here on the blog that I love wearing unisex / masculine fragrances, I don’t know what it is about Kouros Silver but it just smells so darn amazing. I featured it in my ‘May 2015 Favourites’ blog post, head over to that blog post to read more about what it smells like etc. YSL Kouros Silver EDT is available at Edgars, Red Square, Stuttafords, Woolworths, Foschini & Truworths stores.
13. LUSH Kalamazoo Beard And Face Wash ♥ R 145,00 – LUSH always have the BEST and most interesting bath and skincare products. This is what they have to say about Kalamazoo: “Keep things bright and bushy with this creamy wash for furry faces. Fresh pineapple juice is full of enzymes to cleanse the skin and zap away dirt and oil, while almond oil, jojoba oil and cupuaçu butter soften and tame even the most unruly beard. With the light citrusy scent of Brazillian orange oil and the super soft feeling, you might find your beard has more admirers than ever before!” Available in the LUSH South Africa online store or at your nearest LUSH store (Cavendish, V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk, Gateway, Dainfern Square and Rosebank Mall).
14. Heat Unscented Candle ♥ R 79,00 – Neal loves candles just as much as the next girl… *hides laugh* I’m going to be in a lot of trouble for saying that – haha! He loves the ambience of candles around the house but he doesn’t always like a house filled with a certain scent (if that makes any sense at all). I think a lot of guys are like that, they don’t like very intense fragrances around them all the time. If your man (or friend / family member) is like that, then this is the perfect solution: An unscented candle housed in a stunning copper glass jar. Available at the H&M store in V&A Waterfront.
If you’ve made it this far down in the blog post, great! Here’s a sneak peek of the GIVEAWAY that will be coming to the blog tomorrow.
Make sure you enter the giveaway tomorrow (Saturday) or Sunday as it will only be running for 48hours. If you win this Lindt SA hamper, you can either divide the contents of the prize up into smaller gifts for Christmas; or just keep all the choccies for yourself! Imagine winning a Lindt hamper worth over R 1200,00… Are you salivating yet? Good. Be sure to check in on the blog bright & early tomorrow morning!