I’m back with the third instalment of my ‘Christmas Gift Guide’ series of blog posts. I mentioned that I was going to try get all the blog posts up before yesterday, but I decided to take a bit of a break over the weekend. As mentioned in this blog post, I’ve been working really long hours lately and it has taken a toll on me. This past weekend, I did a teensy bit of blogging for the ’12 Days Of Lindt Christmas Giveaway’ but for the rest of the weekend I mainly ate popcorn, watched my favourite series on TV, did a bit of Spring cleaning and decluttering, and finished reading ‘Tooth And Nail’ by Ian Rankin (ya’ll know I love me some serial killer novels).
Anyway, getting back to the subject at hand: Christmas Gift Guides. Click on the links below to read the first 2 gift guide blog posts for 2015:
And to check out the 2014 edition of my ‘Christmas Gift Guide – For Her | Under R200’, click here.
1. Essence All About Nudes Eyeshadow Palette ♥ R 76,95 – I bought this on a whim a couple of months ago to take along with me whenever I go away on holiday. I always prefer to travel with affordable (and easy to replace) makeup products, just in case something happens to my luggage. I honestly didn’t think I would love this eyeshadow palette as much as I do, the eyeshadows are smooth and easy to blend, plus pigmentation is spot-on as well. This palette contains 8 nude / neutral eyeshadows, a couple of them are slightly shimmery but the rest are mostly satin-matte finish. If she’s a beauty girl, she will love this palette! Essence products are available at Clicks, Dis-Chem and selected Edgars & Red Square stores.
2. The Body Shop Virgin Mojito Body Scrub ♥ R 150,00 – Virgin Mojito is probably my current favourite range at The Body Shop. This scrub is not too abrasive (which is how I like them) and the scent is the perfect pick-me-up for those early morning showers. It smells like an ice-cold cocktail on a warm Summer’s day – there’s a punch of zesty lime combined with refreshing mint. So good! The 3-for-2 promotion is running until the 24th of December, so stock up on your favourite The Body Shop goodies! You can purchase the limited edition Virgin Mojito collection of products at The Body Shop stores nationwide.
3. Gold Dot Bowl ♥ R69,95 – This gold dot collection at Woolworths was definitely made for all the ‘gold-decor-obsessed-ladies’ out there! This little bowl can be used to serve anything from cereal, snacks (nuts / chocolate balls) or condiments. You can also definitely use it as a beautiful décor piece, which is probably what I would do. This gold dot collection also features a dinner plate and side plate, but the bowl stole my heart. Available online or in-store, if you would like to buy a whole set – there’s a promotion in the Woolworths online store: WRewards customers can buy 4, and only pay for 3.
4. Strawberry Flavoured Bonbons ♥ R 44,95 – No need to explain why strawberry flavoured bonbon sweeties are the perfect Christmas prezzie, right? These are covered with powdered sugar to give them that old vintage feel, my mouth is watering just thinking about them… Available in the Woolworths online store or in-store as well.
5. Copper Metal Basket ♥ R 149,00 – These copper wire baskets are so trendy right now. You can use this to store basically anything you want – fruit, books, spare hand towels, knick-knacks, napkins, gardening tools etc. H&M definitely has my heart when it comes to home décor, now if only I could find a way to transport all the décor products I want to buy in December when we go down to Cape Town, back to Gauteng. I’m thinking of telling Neal he’s only allowed to pack 2 pairs of pants, and 4 T-shirts in his suitcase…the remaining space will be for ME to fill up with goodies from Cape Town. H&M home décor is currently only available at the V&A Waterfront store.
6. Oh So Heavenly Me Time Gift Set ♥ R 129,95 – I’m a huge fan of the gift sets from Oh So Heavenly! This one contains a pair of fluffy purple slippers, plus a full size body wash and body lotion. The Paradise Escape range contains calming Chamomile and aromatherapy oils to promote relaxation & relieve tension. You can purchase this gift set at Clicks stores nationwide.
7. Wood Finish Photo Frame ♥ R 99,95 – Love these light wood photo frames from Woolworths, add a photo of yourself (or the gift receiver’s favourite person) to make this a thoughtful Christmas gift. You can purchase this in the Woolworths online store, or in-store at Woolies.
8. NYX Buttergloss ♥ R 124,95 – These lip glosses from NYX are definitely winners in my book! They are pigmented, super glossy, comfortable to wear and they smell like a vanilla dessert (minus the artificial vanilla scent). If you’re not sure which shade to get for her, I’d suggest going with a neutral shade like ‘Tiramisu’ or ‘Vanilla Cream Pie’ – guaranteed she will LOVE either one! NYX products are available at selected Clicks stores nationwide.
9. MAC Sized To Go Pigment ♥ R 140,00 – I was so happy to see these smaller sized MAC pigments at the stand-alone MAC store in V&A Waterfront a few weeks ago. I immediately picked up ‘Old Gold’, which is such a unique gold shade (I’m thinking of using it in an upcoming video). There were about 4 or 5 other shades available, not a huge selection, but this size is so much more cost-effective than purchasing a full size (which no one could ever finish in a lifetime). You can purchase the 2,5g MAC pigments at MAC stand-alone stores or in the MAC South Africa online store (but they’re currently out of stock online).
10. Physician’s Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Blush ♥ R 199,95 – I have this blush in the shade ‘Natural’, which is a stunning neutral pink shade. It’s definitely a show-stopper and I must admit, I was hesitant to start using it because of the spectacular embossed design on the blush. If she’s someone who loves makeup products, then this will be straight up her street. Physician’s Formula is a cruelty-free brand, with products that are hypoallergenic, non-comedigenic and dermatologist approved – perfect for someone who has sensitive skin. Available at Dis-Chem stores nationwide.
11. Gold Triangle Soft Pot ♥ R 140,00 – Since we’ve already established I have an obsession with gold, I’ve already decided I’ll be buying a couple of these for myself. Use these fabric buckets to store your potted plant, ribbon, makeup, washi tape, and other bits & bobs in a unique way. I’ll definitely be using one of these to keep my bedside table clutter free. ZANA products are available online at ZANA, plus they have a long list of stockists around South Africa as well (click here to check out their stockists).
12. Live Right Now Ceramic Candle ♥ R 200,00 – I immediately fell in love with this candle when I saw it a couple of days ago at Typo in Sandton City. I love the message ‘Live Right Now’, and I’m happy to report the candle smells amazing too (very fresh & fruity). Get yours at Typo stores nationwide.
13. Oh So Heavenly Dancing Daydream Eau de Toilette ♥ R 119,95 – Oh So Heavenly recently launched a new range of fragrances, amongst a long list of other interesting bath & body care products. Wow – they really stepped up their game in 2015! There are 4 fragrances in the range: ‘Whirlwind Romance’, ‘Glam Goddess’, ‘Endless Elegance’ and ‘Dancing Daydream’. I also like the price tag on these fragrances, R 119,95 is a total steal. Oh So Heavenly products are exclusive to Clicks stores.
14. LUSH Salted Coconut Hand Scrub ♥ R 145,00 – I bought one of these tubs about a month ago and I’m already halfway down. As mentioned in this blog post, this creamy coconut scrub smells like vanilla-infused oatmeal porridge with a dash of citrus. A winning combo of fine sea salt, fresh lemon, cupuaçu butter, and argan- & extra virgin coconut oils will exfoliate, soften and nourish dry hands. If she likes giving herself a manicure or pedicure at home, then this is will be a great addition to her pamper session stash. Available in the LUSH South Africa online store or at your nearest LUSH store (Cavendish, V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk, Gateway, Dainfern Square and Rosebank Mall).
15. Ceramic Heart Planter ♥ R 140,00 – Plants and flowers in and around the house are a must for me, I find they always brighten up my day. Studies have shown that seeing plants or flowers whenever you are experiencing mental or physical stress, will lower ratings of pain, blood pressure, anxiety, and fatigue. We already know that spending time in nature is linked to reduced stress levels and tension relief, and that’s why you will always see fresh cut flowers and pot plants in my house – especially in the rooms where I spend most of my time during the day. This beautiful ceramic planter is available in the Woolworths online store, or in-store as well.
16. Real Techniques Setting Brush ♥ R 99,95 – One of the best Real Techniques makeup brushes (in my humble opinion), I use this to blend and / or set my under eye concealer, plus I own a second one to highlight my face using cream, liquid or powder highlighters. If there’s one Real Techniques brush I would recommend to anyone, it’s this little guy. For full reviews on this and other Real Techniques makeup brushes, take a look at this blog post. Real Techniques brushes are now available at selected Clicks, Foschini and Woolworths stores, or online at Takealot.com.
17. 100% Pure Argan Oil ♥ R 100,00 – Your mom, sister, aunt, cousin, friend, granny, niece, grandchild, cousin twice removed, colleague…everyone needs this in their life! Argan oil can be used as a moisturiser (to add radiance & glow, balance the amount of oil produced by your skin, and reduce inflammation), a frizz tamer, a cuticle oil, dry heel treatment and finishing shine enhancer after you’ve styled your hair. 100% Pure argan oil is very hard to find (especially in South Africa), and this one from SOiL is certified organic, natural and contains only 1 ingredient: Argania Spinosa (oil from the Argan tree). You can purchase SOiL products in the SOiL online store, or at selected Dis-Chem and health stores nationwide (but not all stores will have this in stock, as it is a relatively new product).
18. Heart Wrap Gown ♥ R 99,99 – Come now, there’s no need for me to go on about why this is the perfect Christmas gift for a lady…right? This beauty is available at Mr Price stores nationwide.
There you have it! Did you see anything that you’ll be getting as a Christmas prezzie for a family member or friend? Or perhaps for yourself? Next gift guide blog post will be for the fur babies in your life, I have some awesome stuff to show you!
P.S. I’m sure you noticed there’s one product that isn’t exactly UNDER R 200,00 – it’s R 200,00 on the dot! That’s not cheating, right? …RIGHT?