Eeeeeeep! I’m so excited to start posting my ‘Christmas Gift Guide’ blog posts. I want to get them all up for you before Monday, so be sure to check in on the blog a couple of times per day. I’ll be loading the blog posts as I finish them, so there might be 2 per day. I’m planning on doing 5 gift guide blog posts this year (if all goes well).
♥ Christmas Gift Guide – For Her | Over R200
♥ Christmas Gift Guide – For Her | Under R200
♥ Christmas Gift Guide – For Him
♥ Christmas Gift Guide – For Pooches
♥ Christmas Gift Guide – Stocking Fillers
…and a little bonus ‘My Christmas Wishlist’ (which, when you think about it, is also a type of gift guide).
These ‘Christmas Gift Guide’ blog posts have become a tradition here on Pink Peonies blog, if you would like to check out the 2014 version of this one, then click here. And the 2013 version is over here. Some of the products mentioned in those blog posts are still available too, so make sure you check them out for additional inspiration.
I hope you enjoy these blog posts, I’ve enjoyed snooping around in the shops (as well as online) looking for gift ideas.
1. Benefit Do The Hoola Kit ♥ R 455,00 – What better way to start Summer off with a fabulous bronzer kit. I own Hoola bronzer from Benefit, and let me tell you: It’s a keeper! It’s the type of shade that can be used for bronzing or contouring – it’s not too warm, and not too cool-toned, it’s just the perfect matte neutral. I also use it as an eyeshadow in the crease and I’ve even seen some beauty girls use it as a brow powder. The kit includes a Dew The Hoola gel bronzer, travel sized Hoola bronzer, travel sized They’re Real! mascara, travel sized Benebalm, and their Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Hoola. Get yours at selected Edgars and Red Square stores or in the Red Square online store. Red Square has an amazing promo running at the moment, scroll down to point number 16 to read all about it.
2. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector ♥ R 250,00 – This is such a stunning gloss, it melts into the lips and has a subtle vanilla scent. I already own 2 of the shades (Petal Shimmer and Candy Shimmer) and I love both, but I think Petal Shimmer is my favourite. In my opinion the gloss isn’t shimmery at all, it just gives your lips a smooth & shiny, natural-coloured look. Shea butter and Vitamin E nourishes, softens and repairs lips. If you would like to see ‘Petal Shimmer’ on my lips, take a look at this blog post. Available at Clarins counters in Dis-Chem, Woolworths, Red Square, Edgars and Foschini stores nationwide or in the Clarins SA- and Red Square online store.
3. Clarisonic Aria ♥ R 2999,00 – In my humble opinion, all ladies (and gentlemen) need a product like the Clarisonic in their life. If you’re not sure what a Clarisonic skin care device is, click here to read my ‘Up Your Skincare Game With Clarisonic’ blog post. This sonic cleansing tool has changed my skin for the better, I hardly have breakouts anymore. If your friend / mom / wife / sister struggles with congested skin, breakouts, and dull & lacklustre skin – she needs this in her life! Available at selected Stuttafords stores.
4. The Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel * R 350,00 – This book contains so much more than just healthy eating recipes. Jessica Sepel is a health blogger, Nutritionist and Wellness Coach with a Bachelor of Health Science degree, specialising in Nutritional Medicine. Born and bred in South Africa, she now resides in Sydney (Australia) where she shares her story through her blog to help women mend their broken relationships with food. The book focuses on 10 principals to guide you on your journey to health and healing: Digestion, beauty, stress, blood sugar balance, sleep, weight-loss, hormone balance, liver detoxification, movement and emotional eating. Plus hundreds of wholefood recipes, most of which are gluten-free, sugar-free, paleo and vegan friendly. But most importantly, they taste amazing and are quick & easy to make. You can buy this book at Exclusive Books, and other book stores or in the Woolworths online store.
5. Windmill Necklace ♥ R 520,00 – I can’t help but pop on to the Kin Shop online store every few months to take a look at their new necklaces. Their necklaces and rings are so stunning, my heart is set on this Windmill necklace and the Penguin necklace (which I featured in this blog post).
6. Estée Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge Eau de Parfum ♥ R 795,00 – The ultimate feminine fragrance, Modern Muse Le Rouge is a modern take on the original Modern Muse Eau de Parfum. If she enjoys fragrances with notes of rose, jasmine, red berry fruit and vanila, then she will love this. To read more on this lovely fragrance, head over to this review blog post. Modern Muse Le Rouge Eau de Parfum is available at Edgars, Red Square, Truworths and Foschini or in the Estée Lauder SA online store.
7. Quay Monroe Sunglasses ♥ R 549,00 – Quay Australia sunglasses have taken the Instagram and YouTube world by storm. I was first introduced to the brand when Chrisspy and Desi Perkins sported their My Girl sunglasses earlier this year, and I’ve been dying to get my hands on these Australian brand sunnies. I was scrolling through Superbalist the other day, and lo & behold – they stock 2 or 3 styles of Quay sunglasses on their website. If you follow vloggers like Shay Mitchell (Pretty Little Liars), Amanda Steele, Ingrid Nilsen, and Katy (Lustrelux) then you’re probably already familiar with this brand. Their sunglasses are bomb, and I’m dying to get my hands on ‘My Girl’, ‘Bailey’, and ‘Invader’.
8. Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid Camera ♥ R875,00 – This camera is on the gift guide for purely selfish reasons, I’ve been longing to get my hands on this little cutie for the longest time. And I think most ladies who are into cute & girly things, will also love to own something like this. It’s a proper polaroid camera (I love old-school things) and also has features like a zoom button, flash, and brightness adjustment dial. Fujifilm Instax Mini camera is available in 7 colours (blue, pink, yellow, raspberry, grape, white and black) and can be purchased at selected camera equipment stores or online at Superbalist or Takealot.com. I’ve done some digging and Takealot has the best price.
9. Glampalm Silicone Pouch ♥ R 599,00 – I’m sure I’m not the only girl who struggles with a cluttered vanity. Skincare products, hair care products, body care products and most days some type of hair styling tool. Glampalm recently launched this silicone pouch to help declutter your space, the adhesive back sticks to any clean surface making it easy to store your styling tools just about anywhere – genius! This nifty pouch is heat resistant of up to 260°C, is easy to clean and makes for the perfect Christmas gift. You can purchase Glampalm products online at Retail Box or in the Glampalm SA online store.
10. Cloud Nine Original Iron ♥ R 2099,00 – You can smooth, flick, curl or straighten your hair with this hair straightener, at a lower temperature than you ever thought possible. The ultra smooth, mineral coated straightening plates are baked for 72 hours, to polish and shine your hair without dragging. With 7 temperature settings from a cool sub-100° to a super-hot 200°, you can choose the temperature to suit your hair type. Other product features include a ball & socket swivel cord for 360° freedom of movement when styling your hair, a MiCOM (Micro-Computer) controlled heat system that adjusts temperature according to the thermal sensors calculations for an even temperature across the entire surface of the super smooth, floating plates. And, a protective heat guard that clasps neatly over the iron, allowing you to leave it to cool down safely and protects the plates whilst your iron is not in use. The hibernation mode delivers intelligent sleep technology that automatically kicks in when the iron has not been used for 30 minutes. You can purchase the Cloud Nine Original Iron (complete with travel bag and sectioning clips) online at Retail Box. Hurry! It’s currently on sale for R 2099,00 (normal price is R 2395,00).
11. The Flat Stoned Moonstone Ring ♥ R 400,00 – I don’t know if you know this about me, but I have a ‘thing’ for moonstone rings. I bought my first one when I was in high school (I still have it stashed away somewhere). I don’t know what it is about this particular stone, but I love how simple, yet unique it looks. Plus, you can wear a ring with a clear or pearlescent stone with any outift – casual, formal, colourful, monochrome, anything. If this ring isn’t really your style, head over to Black Betty Jewellery Design, I’m 100% sure you’ll find something that you / she will love.
12. Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush ♥ R 400,00 – It might be a bit pricey for a blush brush, but believe me, it’s worth every cent! The Bold Metals brushes are THE softest makeup brushes I have ever used, they are also the most beautiful brushes in my collection. For a review on 3 of the Bold Metals makeup brushes, head over to my review here. You can purchase Real Techniques makeup brushes at selected Clicks, Foschini and Woolworths stores nationwide, or online at Takealot.com.
13. Nutribullet High Speed Blender ♥ R 1799,00 / R 1849,00 – As mentioned in this smoothie recipe blog post, the NutriBullet is one of the best investments I have made in a long time. I have never seen such power in such a compact blender. The extractor blade twists directly onto any NutriBullet cup, allowing you to blend and drink from the same container, so it saves time and reduces additional cleanup. It comes with 2 blades – an emulsifying blade for effective blending & smoothie-making, and a flat milling blade for grinding grains, herbs and nuts for nut butters. You can even purchase a ‘NutriBullet Flip Top Lid’ if she’s the type of gal who likes to take her smoothies with her to work / the gym. The Nutribullet is on sale for R 1799,00 at Takealot.com and Dion Wired or for R 1849,00 at Yuppiechef (normal price is R 1995,00). If you have eBucks you can use them in the Yuppiechef online store. When I bought my Nutribullet about 6 months ago, I was lucky enough to take advantage of a Yuppiechef sale, combine that with my FNB eBucks, I basically bagged it for free.
14. Light Pink Kiss Print Bath Towel ♥ R 229,00 – I know this one is totally random, but I personally don’t mind receiving useful gifts for Christmas or my birthday (especially when they’re this cute). I visited H&M in V&A Waterfront last weekend, and I’m basically in love with EVERYTHING in their home décor department. If you live in Cape Town (the Sandton H&M unfortunately doesn’t have a home décor department at the moment) then I suggest you head over there to take a look at all the candles, vases, scatter cushions, copper baskets, storage jars…it’s a little slice of heaven.
15. Mirrored Round Tray ♥ R 349,00 – Fit for a Pinterest home! This one is also from H&M, as mentioned above: I’m obsessed with their home décor. If the receiver of this gift is a blogger, this will make for absolutely stunning product shot photos. If she’s not, it will be the perfect storage tray for her perfumes.
16. Smashbox Travel-Size Full Exposure Palette ♥ R 450,00 – From neutrals to blacks, these crease-resistant, longwear shimmers and velvety smooth mattes are organised in a convenient travel-friendly palette. Smashbox product are available at selected Woolworths and Red Square stores. Here’s the great news: The Red Square online store currently has a Smashbox promo, if you purchase Smashbox product to the value of R 500 or more, you will receive a FREE travel size Be Legendary lip duo containing a gloss and lipstick. Plus another Red Square exclusive, if you are a Thank U card holder you will get R 100,00 off when you spend R 500,00 or more; R 200,00 off when you spend R 1000,00 or more; and R 400,00 off when you spend R 2000,00 or more. Head over to their online store to claim your online or in-store voucher (valid for a limited time).
17. theBalm Manizer Sisters Luminizers Palette ♥ R 529,00 – This palette contains 3 triple-milled multi-tasking highlighter shades. The champagne, rose, and golden-bronze shades (packaged in a travel-friendly palette) are flattering on all skin tones and easy to use so you can take your glow on the go. If I didn’t already own 2 of the shades in this palette (read my review here), then I most definitely would have picked this up for myself. You haven’t highlighted, until you’ve highlighted using Mary-Lou Manizer. The hype is real, ladies, the hype is real. Retail Box is the only stockist of theBalm products in South Africa, while you’re on their website check out theBalm Nude Dude eyeshadow palette…it’s gorgeous! I wouldn’t mind finding it snuggled up in my Christmas stocking this year.
Speaking of Christmas…have you watched my latest YouTube video? I loaded it yesterday – it’s full of festive bath & body products. Fa-la-la-la-laaaa-la-la-la-laaaa! You can watch it here.