So…my birthday is coming up on the 8th of February and I thought it would be fun to compile a birthday wish list (I did one last year and really enjoyed creating it!). I initially didn’t think there were a lot of things I wanted for my birthday, but once I started browsing the internet, I just couldn’t help myself. Hopefully the Birthday Fairy is reading this blog post… *virtually taps Neal on shoulder*
For this specific wish list, I’m not going to include pricing for the items as I think it’s a bit weird, since it is my birthday wish list and I don’t really care to know what everything costs. I mean, I do have an idea what everything costs but to me it’s weird to be like: “And you can buy me this for my birthday, and it only costs R 300,00.” Some of my friends and family members can’t spend that much money on a prezzie, so I’ve included items that won’t make you gasp for air. Haha! If all else fails, I’m a sucker for the green packet of M&M’s (the minty dark chocolate ones – deeeeeelicious!) or basically anything from Typo.
But if you want a list of specific things I have been longing for, keep on reading!
1. Yankee Candle Soft Blanket ♥ This was one of the first Yankee Candle candles I ever bought back in 2012 (or maybe even 2011) and I really loved the scent. It fills the house with a clean & fresh fragrance, very similar to ‘Baby Sta-Soft’ – I love it! Check out this blog post I wrote last year, to read more about Yankee-, Village- and Kringle Candles available in South Africa, plus a Q & A on the difference between these candles, uses, helpful tips etc. Yankee candles are available in the Creative Candles online store, plus you can take a look at this link here to see where there’s a Yankee Candle stockist in your area.
2. Smashbox Contour Sticks ♥ I’m not even sure if these are coming to South Africa, but after watching Tati’s Contour & Highlight video, I was like: “Yes! I have to have them!” I’m very keen on the cool-toned contour pencil, and the bronzer one too because they look like they blend out so darn easy, plus they look flawless on the skin.
3. Kevin Murphy Stayling Alive Leave-In Conditioner ♥ I’m a huge fan of leave-in conditioners, goodness knows, my hair needs the extra hydration and nourishment. If the scent of this is anything like the Kevin Murphy Hydrate-Me.Rinse (also purple packaging), then I know I’m going to love it. Kevin Murphy products are completely sulphate and paraben free, packaging is as environmentally friendly as possible (made of recycled plastic), and the products have been approved by PETA (100% cruelty free brand). Kevin Murphy products are available at selected hair salons, plus in the Retail Box and The Test Box online stores.
4. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette ♥ All matte shades, easy to blend, long-lasting, and Tarte Cosmetics quality…’nuff said. I own a few Tarte blushes and the quality is amazing – it really is one brand I WISH would come to South Africa. If you’re dying to get your hands on Tarte products, your best bet would probably be to check out Amazon or eBay and be sure to check out my ‘Online Shopping 101’ blog post.
5. L’OCCITANE Almond Shower Oil ♥ This has been on my wish list for quite a while now but I just can’t get myself to spend R 295,00 on a shower oil. That’s what birthday wish lists are there for, right? This is definitely the type of product for someone like me, who doesn’t always feel like applying a lotion after they have stepped out of the shower. It’s a rich oil that lathers up into a luscious foam when it comes in contact with water, it locks in hydration and the sweet scent of almonds lingers on the skin. L’OCCITANE products are available at their boutique stores or online here.
6. Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector ♥ I’ve mentioned the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector glosses on the blog before (I actually think I featured it in a monthly favourites blog post too). Clarins recently launched these sheer lip balm versions overseas and I’m hoping they’ll arrive in South Africa soon. This is the description on the Clarins UK website: “This melting gel lip balm with a deliciously sweet taste glides on the lips effortlessly adding a naturally coloured glossy shine with a barely-there effect.” Doesn’t it sound heavenly?
7. Sigma F25 Tapered Face Brush ♥ This brush looks perfect for bronzing up the face, I remember seeing Karissa Pukas use it in her YouTube videos ALL. THE. TIME. at one stage. Because it’s a tapered brush, it will focus your bronzer in the areas where you want it. For me, it will fit perfectly into the hollows of the cheeks and the tip is small enough to work around the perimeters of my forehead too. Sigma makeup brushes are available in the Turquoise Studio online store (for us South Africans) or in the Sigma Beauty online store (use coupon code NY2015 for 10% off your purchase).
8. Philips Sonicare Airfloss ♥ Gaaaaah! I have wanted one of these for the longest time, it can be used with mouthwash or water & features air and micro-droplet technology to help remove plaque in hard to reach areas (between the teeth). It blasts compressed air and water droplets to powerfully but gently clean between your chompers, this prevents cavities and improves gum health. I’ve seen the Sonicare Airfloss from Philips at Dis-Chem stores.
9. Alaska’s Aqua Calcite Ring ♥ I have such a soft spot for these gemstone centerpiece matte gold rings. They’re not too dressy, so you can even wear it with a nice pair of jeans & white Tee. You can check out the stunning Black Betty range here.
10. Paul Mitchell Flexible Style Spray Wax ♥ I mentioned it in my ‘Best Of Beauty 2014 – Hair Edition’ blog post. From what I’ve read, it’s a light, non-oily aerosol wax mist that can be sprayed onto all hair types and lengths. It gives texture and flexible hold with a satin finish. Paul Mitchell hair care products are available at selected hair salons, as well as online at Retail Box and Everything Hair BUT I’ve only seen this particular product in the Retail Box online store.
11. LUSH Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar ♥ I really don’t need to explain why this is on my birthday wish list, do I? It looks like a rainbow, it contains glitter, it creates fragranced bubbles, and it’s in the shape of a unicorn’s horn. This Bubble Bar from LUSH will be part of the Valentine’s Day collection and I am holding thumbs (and big toes) it will be available in the online store soon. I’m not sure exactly when the collection will launch in-store, but it should be soon. Be sure the check out the LUSH SA online store every few days to see if the V-day collection launches there and remember to tweet me (@PinkPeoniesBlog), Facebook post (@PinkPeoniesBlog), Instagram comment (@PinkPeoniesBlog) or send me smoke signals once you see it in the online store!
12. theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer Highlighter ♥ I have great news! Retail Box will be stocking theBalm products in their online store soon – you can look forward to Mary-Lou Manizer (I used it in my ‘How To: Contour & Highlight For Beginners’ video because I love it so much), Bahama Mama bronzer, Schwing liquid eyeliner, Down Boy blush, Nude ‘Tude eyeshadow palette, the new Nude Dude eyeshadow palette and more! I really like the look of the eyeshadow palettes too (the shadows are apparently really soft & buttery)…coming to think of it now, the Birthday Fairy can get the highlighter or an eyeshadow palette (either will be great!). I will let you know via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram once theBalm products are available in the Retail Box online store.
13. Heart Cut Out Lantern ♥ I saw these at Mr. Price Home the other day and instantly fell in love! It’s a ceramic lantern, so it looks nice & classy. Add your favourite scented candle, and it’ll create the perfect romantic ambiance. You can purchase Mr. Price Home products in-store or online here.
14. Beautyblender Pro & Solid Blendercleanser Set ♥ I’ve been using a Beautyblender makeup sponge for the past 2+ years now and I will keep repurchasing it until the day I don’t wear makeup any longer (which will hopefully be NEVER). There’s just something about applying and blending your foundation into the skin using a Beautyblender sponge, it really does give your skin an airbrushed finish. The solid cleanser is also a firm favourite of mine, it cleans my sponges and makeup brushes in a jiffy! You can purchase a single Beautyblender here in South Africa in the Spa Shop online store, but this set is unfortunately not available here. You can, however, purchase the set in the Vivadream Cosmetics online store (they provide FREE international shipping).
15. Darling Sandals ♥ These nude sandals from Saint & Summer have been on my ‘To Get’ list ever since I received the black bow versions in December last year. I adore the little bows and they are incredibly comfy too. Take a look at their website here for their full range of sandals (various designs and colours, even a coral beauty)!
16. Heart Print Shorts ♥ I saw these in the Mr. Price online store the other day and almost placed an order but then decided to rather add them to my wish list. I love the heart print and the lace edging, so my style. You can purchase Mr. Price clothing in-store or online here.
17. Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil ♥ Another new product from Clarins, not yet launched in South Africa but hopefully it will be here soon. It’s described as a lip care treatment infused with plant oils (Hazelnut- , Jojoba- , and Raspberry oil) to nourish and give the lips a shiny, non-sticky finish with a subtle sweet taste – yum!
I know what you guys are thinking… Some of these items haven’t launched in SA yet, and others aren’t sold in SA at all – that’s not problem for me, I don’t HAVE TO receive my gifts on my birthday. Sometimes the best part is having to wait for a little while longer, because when you eventually get to hold it in your hands, it makes it that much more special because you’ve been anticipating its arrival.